Wednesday 17 February 2010

"I've found you a puppy, no one wants him!"

These words would make any sensible person run a mile.  But my mother always says I'm a soft touch for a lame duck; who could abandon an unwanted puppy?!  Perhaps I should have thought a bit harder about why he was so available?!  He was a collie springer cross and the only dog in the litter. While all the bitches were beautiful and collie looking, Winston was, well, sort of springer looking with a big head and small body. He certainly wasn't like any of his siblings and had a kind of "cuckoo in the nest" look about him.  While all the other puppies frolicked and vied for our attention, Winston slept with his head bent under a radiator pipe.


For all his obvious faults we loved him from the start.


As my youngest son just said "that is soooo cute".

No comments:

Post a Comment